Cats with kidney disease often feel better when fed the appropriate TCVM Food Therapy diet. Is your cat excessively hungry or thirsty all the time? Does your cat suffer from hives and skin rashes or feel hot when touched? Does your … [Read more...]
Learn How to Treat Disease in Cats Holistically
Some deep thinking is in order.
Is your ideal veterinarian:
- Open minded? Acknowledging there may be a better way to treat your pet.
- Progressive? Staying up to date with the new and the old.
- Intuitive? Capable of discerning what you want as a pet owner.
- Perceptive? Efficient at drawing conclusions based on your pet’s current condition.
- Creative? Skilled at devising a treatment protocol based on your desires.
- Understanding? Aware pet owners vary in expectations for the health of their pets.
- Knowledgeable? Educated in traditional, alternative, and holistic healing methods.
- Compassionate? Understands animals have a voice.
- Dynamic? Willing to change for the good of the pet and the owner.
- Humble? “Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.” – Chinese Proverb
If your veterinarian practiced holistic pet medicine, these words apply. And, you can adopt the same principles at home with your cat.
Eastern Philosophy for Cats
Most veterinarians changed their way of looking at things after studying TCVM. And, you can too.
Here’s a little about Taoism to get you started.
Taoism: The Philosophy Behind TCVM
Taoism emphasizes living in harmony with the Tao, also known as “way,” “path,” or “principle.” In non-theist theology, Tao is the source of and the force behind all that exists.
Taoism influences TCVM by emphasizing the body as a whole being, with many factors contributing to a delicate balance.
TCVM for Cats
TCVM is appropriate for a multitude of cat health problems.
Eastern and alternative medicine provides alternative options for ailments such as cat allergies, cat cancer and cat urinary problems and renal failure. In fact, Eastern Food Therapy treats cat obesity. Chiropractic, feng shui, and aromatherapy for pets are among the available options for sick cats.
Eastern medicine views wellness as a state of balance, and illness as a state of imbalance. Furthermore, Eastern approaches adapt to an environment; Western approaches change an environment.
Taoism and TCVM constitute the fundamentals of holistic pet medicine. If you embrace and adopt only a mere fraction of TCVM, then you too can be open minded, progressive, intuitive, perceptive, and creative.
Learn more about keeping your pet healthy by reading our top 5 blog posts on disease in cats:
1. Why Does Your Cat Miss the Litter Box?
2. Home Remedies for Cat Allergies
3. Ear Hematomas: The Most Costly Cat Allergy Symptom
4. Start a Food Diary: Eliminate Cat Food Allergies Today
5. Why Diagnostic Cat Litter Could Save Your Cats Life
You can start practicing holistic pet medicine at home, by yourself and even for yourself. The first step to adopting holistic pet medicine and TCVM for your pet is food therapy.
Download our free eBook, Eastern Food Therapy For Pets, and bring TCVM straight to your pet’s food bowl today.
Cats in renal failure often become weak and thin. They often stop playing the way they used to play and become sluggish and depressed. When cats act as described above, they display signs of Qi deficiency. Read “The Pet Owner’s … [Read more...]
When you see the term “Blood deficiency,” the first thing that pops into your mind is anemia, right? Although anemia and Blood deficiency aren’t exactly the same, the concepts are similar. And, a TCVM Blood building diet will … [Read more...]
If your cat or dog has an upset stomach, vomiting or diarrhea, contact your veterinarian in case of emergency. For recurring digestive problems, a veterinarian trained in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) will address the … [Read more...]
Pets have digestive issues for a variety of reasons. If your cat or dog has an upset stomach, vomiting or diarrhea, contact your veterinarian. A veterinarian trained in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) will address the … [Read more...]
Who knows you better than your pet? No one provides more comfort or unconditional love than your furry best friend. Your pup greets you at the door every day after work. Your cat snuggles with you in bed every morning. Why not … [Read more...]