What is Cushing’s Disease?
Dog Cushing’s disease is a condition resulting from chronic overproduction of glucocorticoid.
In normal dogs, the pituitary gland produces the hormone ACTH.
ACTH stimulates the adrenal glands to produce glucocorticoid.
Glucocorticoid hormones are necessary for proper function of many body systems.
When something goes wrong with the pituitary or adrenal glands causing too much glucocorticoid production, Cushing’s disease develops.
Symptoms of dog Cushing’s disease include:
- Fat pads on shoulders and neck
- Hair loss
- Increased hunger, panting, thirst
- Increased urination
- Pot-bellied abdomen
- Thin skin
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal remedy for dog Cushing disease.
Ophiopogon Powder: Western Medicine Applications
Ophiopogon Powder is a TCVM blend of 12 different herbs.
Ophiopogon Powder helps dogs with the following Western diagnoses:
- Cushing’s disease
- Insulin resistance
Ophiopogon Powder: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Ophiopogon Powder helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Dry skin with hot ears and feet
- Excessive panting with night-time outbursts
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive urination
- Yin deficiency
- Thready, fast pulse
- Red, dry tongue
Ophiopogon Powder Treats Your Dog’s Cushing Disease
Ophiopogon Powder is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine blend of 12 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Ophiopogon Powder addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Ophiopogon Powder alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ophiopogon Powder heals by:
- Nourishing Yin
- Clearing Heat
- Promoting body fluids
The main ingredients in Ophiopogon Powder are:
- Bei Sha Shen (Glehnia), nourishes Yin
- Dan Zhu Ye (Lophatherum), clears heat
- Ge Gen (Pueraria), promotes body fluids
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria), clears heat
- Lu Gen (Phragmites), clears heat and promotes body fluids
- Mai Men Dong (Ophiopogon), nourishes Yin
- Shan Zha (Crataegus), resolves food stasis
- Shen Qu (Massa), resolves food stasis
- Tian Hua Fen (Trichosanthes), clears heat and promotes body fluids
- Wu Mei (Mume), astringently consolidates the lung
- Yu Li Ren (Prunus), moves blood
- Zhi Mu (Anemarrhena), nourishes yin and clears heat
Dr. Huisheng Xie, founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Ophiopogon Powder specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based the Ophiopogon Powder herbal formula on the ancient TCM formula Mai Men Dong San.
Ophiopogon Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy and moderate exercise.
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute advice provided by your own veterinarian.