Itchy horses are a big problem! And, treating it can be quite tricky.
In fact, horse itching has several causes:
- Insect bites
- Plant allergies
- Skin infections
- Skin dryness.
However, the most common causes are skin allergies and contact dermatitis.
Symptoms of skin allergies and dermatitis include:
- Hairless patches
- Scabby skin
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers natural, holistic help for horse itching and scratching.
Damp Heat Skin Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Even though Damp Heat Skin Formula is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps symptoms of some Western diagnoses.
Damp Heat Skin Formula helps horses with the following Western diagnoses:
- Skin lesions.
Damp Heat Skin Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
So, TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Damp Heat Skin Formula helps horses with the following TCVM signs:
- Fast pulse
- Itching due to Damp-Heat
- Itchy skin
- Papules (small solid rounded bumps rising from the skin)
- Purple or red tongue
- Skin eruptions
- Skin lesions with discharge and odor.
How Damp Heat Skin Formula Treats Itchy Horses
Damp Heat Skin Formula is a TCVM blend of 8 different herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
In addition, Damp Heat Skin Formula addresses the underlying causes of your horse’s illness or disease.
However, the underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Therefore, Damp Heat Skin Formula alleviates your horse’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Damp Heat Skin Formula heals by:
- Clearing Damp
- Clearing Heat
- Detoxifying Blood
- Cooling Blood.
The main ingredients in Damp Heat Skin Formula are:
- Ban Len Gen (Isatis, aka indigo wood, woad root) clears Heat and detoxifies
- Che Qian Zi (Plantago, aka plantago seed, plantain seed) clears Damp-Heat and benefits urination
- Di Fu Zi (Kochia, aka Broom Cypress, Kochia Fruit) clears Damp-Heat and benefits skin
- Hua Shi (Talc, aka talcum powder) clears Damp-Heat and benefits urination
- Huang Bai (Phillodendron, aka phillodendron bark) clears Damp-Heat and detoxifies
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria, aka skullcap root) clears Damp-Heat and detoxifies
- Ku Shen (Sophora, aka sophora root) clears Damp-Heat, detoxifies and relieves itching
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmennia, aka Chinese foxglove root) cools Blood and nourishes Yin.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Damp Heat Skin Formula specifically for animals.
Damp Heat Skin Formula works best when combined with plenty of water and moderate exercise.
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute advice provided by your own veterinarian.