Horses suffer from anxiety just like humans!
Some signs of horse anxiety and nervousness are:
- Easily spooking or bolting
- Backing into corners
- Eye rolling
- Trembling and shaking
- Stall walking, weaving, or other odd behavior.
Some common causes of horse anxiety and nervousness are:
- Change anxiety
- Performance anxiety
- Situational anxiety
- Separation anxiety.
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal horse calming supplement.
Shen Calmer: Western Medicine Applications
Shen Calmer is a TCVM blend of 16 different herbs, good as a horse calming supplement.
Even though Shen Calmer is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps symptoms of some Western diagnoses.
Shen Calmer helps horses with the following Western diagnoses:
- General anxiety
- Separation anxiety
Shen Calmer: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Shen Calmer helps horses with the following TCVM signs:
- Blood deficiency
- Heart Yin deficiency
- Red, dry tongue
- Shen (Spirit) disorder
- Thin, fast pulse.
According to TCM principles, stress causes Liver Qi stagnation.
After some time, Liver Qi stagnation transforms into the fire which consumes Heart Yin and disturbs Shen (spirit and mental activities).
With disturbed Shen, anxiety and nervousness manifest, eventually leading to a lack of focus, poor performance, and even madness.
The key to treating Shen disturbance is to nourish Heart Yin and cool Fire.
How Shen Calmer Treats Your Horse’s Anxiety and Nervousness
Shen Calmer is a TCVM blend of 16 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Shen Calmer addresses the underlying causes of your horse’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Shen Calmer alleviates your horse’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time. This is why it is used as a horse calming supplement.
- Nourishing the Heart Yin
- Nourishing the Blood
- Calming the Shen
- Soothing Liver Qi
The main ingredients in Shen Calmer are:
- Bai Sho Yao (Paeonia) soothes the Liver
- Bai Zi Ren (Biota) calms Shen, nourishes Heart
- Chai Hu (Bupleurum) regulates Liver Qi and relieves stress
- Dan Shen (Salvia) invigorates Blood and dispels stasis
- Dang Gui (Angelica) nourishes Heart Blood
- Fu Shen (Poria) calms Shen
- Mai Men Dong (Ophiopogon) nourishes Heart Yin
- Mu Li (Shu) (Ostrea) calms Shen and subdues Liver Yang
- Qing Pi (Citrus) soothes Liver Qi and relaxes tension
- Suan Zao Ren (Sheng) (Zizyphus) calms Shen and nourishes Heart
- Tian Men Dong (Asparagus) nourishes Heart Yin
- Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra) consolidates other herbs
- Xiang Fu (Cyperus) soothes Liver Qi
- ‘Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) cools Blood Heat
- Ye Jiao Teng (Polygonum) calms Shen and nourishes Heart
- Yuan Zhi (Polygala) calms Chen and nourishes Heart.
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.