Dogs suffer from anxiety just like humans.
Some signs of dog anxiety and nervousness are:
- Escape behavior
- Self-licking/biting for no apparent reason
- Reduced activity
- Tucked tail
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal solution for dog anxiety.
Shen Calmer: Western Medicine Applications
Even though Shen Calmer is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps some Western diagnoses and symptoms.
Shen Calmer helps dogs with the following Western diagnoses:
- General Anxiety
- Separation Anxiety
Shen Calmer: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Shen Calmer helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Blood deficiency
- Heart Yin deficiency
- Red, dry tongue
- Shen (Spirit) disorder
- Thin, fast pulse
According to TCM principles, stress causes Liver Qi stagnation.
After some time, Liver Qi stagnation transforms into the fire which consumes Heart Yin and disturbs Shen (spirit and mental activities).
With disturbed Shen, anxiety and nervousness manifest, eventually leading to a lack of focus, poor performance, and even madness.
The key to treating Shen’s disturbance is to nourish Heart Yin and cool Fire.
Shen Calmer Treats Your Dog’s Anxiety and Nervousness
Shen Calmer is a TCVM blend of 16 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Shen Calmer addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Shen Calmer alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shen Calmer heals by:
- Nourishing the Heart Yin
- Nourishing the Blood
- Calming the Shen
- Soothing Liver Qi
The main ingredients in Shen Calmer are:
- Bai Sho Yao (Paeonia) soothes the Liver
- Bai Zi Ren (Biota) calms Shen, nourishes Heart
- Chai Hu (Bupleurum) regulates Liver Qi and relieves stress
- Dan Shen (Salvia) invigorates Blood and dispels stasis
- Dang Gui (Angelica) nourishes Heart Blood
- Fu Shen (Poria) calms Shen
- Mai Men Dong (Ophiopogon) nourishes Heart Yin
- Mu Li (Shu) (Ostrea) calms Shen and subdues Liver Yang
- Qing Pi (Citrus) soothes Liver Qi and relaxes tension
- Suan Zao Ren (Sheng) (Zizyphus) calms Shen and nourishes Heart
- Tian Men Dong (Asparagus) nourishes Heart Yin
- Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra) consolidates other herbs
- Xiang Fu (Cyperus) soothes Liver Qi
- Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) cools Blood Heat
- Ye Jiao Teng (Polygonum) calms Shen and nourishes Heart
- Yuan Zhi (Polygala) calms Chen and nourishes Heart
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Shen Calmer specifically for animals.
Shen Calmer Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy and moderate exercise.