A horse suffering from Wobbler’s syndrome has an uncoordinated gait and a lack of physical awareness of his limbs and their placement.
Sometimes, the disease progresses to a devastating situation in which the horse crashes into things or can’t even stand up.
What is Wobbler’s Syndrome?
Various malformations of the cervical vertebrae cause Wobbler’s Syndrome in horses.
The spine malformations cause weakness, pain, and stiffness leading to an unsteady, or wobbly, gait.
Hence, the name “Wobbler’s” Syndrome.
Some signs of Wobbler’s Syndrome in horses are:
- Abnormal wear of front hooves
- “Bunny hopping” when cantering
- Excessive movement of tail while trotting
- Excessive stumbling
- Knuckling of hind legs when stopping
- Outward rotation of back hooves while going uphill
- Unusual sores on the front heels from over-reaching.
Fortunately, you can holistically treat your horse’s neck pain with the TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) herbal blend Cervical Formula.
Cervical Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Cervical Formula is a TCVM blend of nine different herbs.
Even though Cervical Formula is a TCVM blend, it still helps symptoms of some Western diagnoses.
Cervical Formula helps horses with the following:
- Stiff neck
- Neck injuries
- Wobbler’s Syndrome
- Cervical fibrocartilaginous issues.
Cervical Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern Medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Cervical Formula helps horses with the following TCVM signs:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Cervical Qi stagnation
- Blood stagnation
- A purple tongue
- Tight or wiry pulse.
How Cervical Formula Soothes Wobbler’s Syndrome in Horses
Cervical Formula’s blend of nine different herbs performs synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Cervical Formula addresses the underlying causes of your horse’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Cervical Formula alleviates your horse’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
The main ingredients in Cervical Formula are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia, aka peony) nourishes Blood.
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum, aka lovage root) activates Blood and relieves pain.
- Dang Gui Wei (Angelica) nourishes and activates Blood.
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza, aka licorice) harmonizes.
- Ge Gen (Pueraria) clears Wind-Heat and benefits the neck.
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon) warms the Channels and relieves pain.
- Ji Xue Teng (Millettia) nourishes and activates Blood.
- Mu Gua (Chaenomeles, aka flowering quince) dissipates stagnation and benefits the Channels.
- Qiang Huo (Notopterygium) benefits the neck.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Cervical Formula specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based the formula on knowledge gleaned from his Chinese Medicine practice.
Note: Information on our site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.