Hip dysplasia is an abnormal formation of the hip socket and is a genetic trait aggravated by environmental factors.
Hip dysplasia often eventually causes crippling, arthritis and joint pain.
Signs of hip dysplasia and joint pain include:
- A swaying gait, with the rear end moving back and forth
- “Bunny hopping”, especially up the stairs
- Difficulty getting up
- Exercise intolerance
- Pain and stiffness in the rear end
- Reluctance to walk, run, climb stairs, jump, or play
- Sitting in a “frog” position with one leg splayed out
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal solution for dog hip dysplasia and joint pain.
Di Gu Pi San: Western Medicine Applications for Canine Hip Dysplasia
Di Gu Pi San is a TCVM blend of 12 different herbs.
Even though Di Gu Pi San is an Eastern herbal blend, it still helps alleviate symptoms of Western veterinary diagnoses.
Di Gu Pi San helps dogs suffering from:
- Chronic joint pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease
Di Gu Pi San: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Di Gu Pi San helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Chronic bony bi-syndrome due to Kidney Yin and Qi Deficiency
- Dry skin and hair coat
- Preference to cold
- Red, dry tongue
- Stiffness that worsens with Heat conditions
- Thready, weak pulse
How Di Gu Pi San Treats Canine Hip Dysplasia and Joint Pain
Di Gu Pi San is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine blend of 12 different Eastern herbs.
Accordingly, the herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Di Gu Pi San addresses the underlying causes of canine hip dysplasia or other diseases.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Di Gu Pi San alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Di Gu Pi San heals by:
- Nourishing Yin
- Clearing deficient Heat
- Tonifying Kidney Yang
- Dispelling Wind-Damp
What Herbs are in Di Gu Pi San?
The main ingredients in Di Gu Pi San are:
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea, aka Psoralea fruit) tonifies Kidney Yang and Yin
- Dan Shen (Salvia, aka red sage or Chinese sage) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica, aka Chinese Angelica) nourishes Blood and relieves pain
- Di Gu Pi (Lycium, aka wolfberry root) nourishes Yin and clears deficient Heat
- Duo Huo (Angelica, aka Angelica root) dispels wind, Cold, and Dampness and relieves pain
- Du Zhong (Eucommia, aka Eucommia Bark) strengthens the back
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria, aka Drynaria rhizome) tonifies Kidney Yang and strengthens bones
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron, aka Phellodendron bark) nourishes Yin and clears Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan, aka cortex of peony tree root) cools Blood, clears Heat, and resolves stagnation
- Qin Jiao (Gentiana, aka large leaf gentian root) clears Wind-Damp and nourishes Yin
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia, aka Chinese foxglove root) clears Heat and nourishes Yin
- Ze Kie (Alisma, aka common water plantain) drains Damp and benefits urination
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Di Gu Pi San specifically for animals.
Di Gu Pi San works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy, plenty of water, and moderate exercise.
Get Di Gu Pi San at TCVM Pet Supply
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO’s Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are:
Get A Phone Consultation with One of Our TCVM Veterinarians
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.