Arthritis is a debilitating disease almost every older dog experiences.
Sometimes, even young dogs are afflicted.
- Reluctance to walk, run, climb stairs, jump, or play
- Difficulty getting up
- Yelping or whimpering
- Personality changes, withdrawal
- Soreness when touched
- Lagging behind on walks
- Decreased mobility
- Aggressive behavior
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal solution for dog arthritis and joint pain.
Western Medicine Applications
Dok’s Formula is a TCVM blend of 16 different herbs.
Dok’s Formula helps dogs with these Western diagnoses:
- Chronic joint pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease
Eastern Medicine Applications
Accordingly, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
This herbal remedy helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Bi syndromes
- Cold-Bi syndrome
- Kidney Qi/Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp
- Pale or purple tongue
- Weak back
Do not give Dok’s Formula to dogs with excessive thirst, panting, or heat intolerance.
Stop using Dok’s formula if your dog develops vomiting or diarrhea.
How Dok’s Formula Treats Your Dog’s Arthritis and Joint Pain
It is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine blend of 16 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
This herbal remedy addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Dok’s Formula alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, it heals by:
- Tonifying (strengthen) Kidney Yang
- Dispelling wind, damp and cold
- Invigorating Qi and Blood
- Warming the Channels
- Relieving pain
What Are the Herbs in Dok’s Formula?
The main ingredients are:
- Ba Ji Tian (Morinda, aka morinda root) tonifies Kidney Yang and strengthens the bones
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea, aka scurf-pea) tonifies Kidney Yang
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula, aka Sichuan ox knee root) supports Kidneys and strengthens leg bones
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum, aka Sichuan lovage rhizome) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica, aka Angelica root) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Du Huo (Angelica, aka pubescent angelica root) dispels Wind, Cold, and Dampness and relieves pain
- Du Zhong (Eucommia, aka Eucommai bark) tonifies Kidney Qi and Yang and strengthens the back
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza, aka licorice) harmonizes all other herbs
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria, aka bone knit root) tonifies Kidney Yang and benefits bones
- Qiang Huo (Notopterygium root) dispels Wind, Cold and Damp
- Rou Dou Kou (Myristica, aka nutmeg) to warm Spleen and Kidney
- Rou Gui (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon) warms channels and relieves pain
- Wu Yao (Lindera) invigorates and warms Qi
- Xiao Hui Xiang (Foeniculum, aka fennel seed) warms back and relieves pain
- Xu Duan (Dipsacus, aka Japanese teasel root) tonifies Kidney and strengthens bone
- Ze Zie (Alisma, aka water plantain) drains damp and benefits Bladder
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created this formula specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based the formula on the ancient Chinese formula Du Huo Ji Sheng, written in 652 AD by Sun Si-Miao.
It works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy, plenty of water, and moderate exercise.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: