Sadly, kidney stones, bladder stones, cystitis, and other urinary issues are excruciating for dogs!
With kidney stones, dogs experience the same discomfort people do. In people, the most common description of kidney stone pain is an intense, sharp, or cramping pain that can come in waves.
Some people describe the pain of kidney stones as one of the most severe they have ever experienced, comparable to childbirth or even worse.
The pain is typically felt in the back or side, below the ribs, often radiating to the lower abdomen and groin. It may fluctuate in intensity and may be accompanied by other symptoms such as:
- Severe pain causing restlessness and difficulty finding a comfortable position.
- Hematuria (blood in the urine) can make the urine appear pink, red, or brown.
- Frequent urination or a persistent urge to urinate.
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Fever and chills (if an infection is present)
Passing a kidney stone through the urinary tract can be a painful process, often described as feeling like a sharp object or a jagged stone scraping or stabbing the ureter (the tube that connects the kidneys to the bladder).
The pain often comes and goes as the stone moves. Once the stone has passed, the pain usually subsides, although some discomfort may persist until any inflammation or irritation in the urinary tract resolves.
Unfortunately, dogs can’t talk or explain just how bad they feel.
Crystal Stone Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Crystal Stone Formula, made by Jing Tang Herbal, is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine blend of fourteen herbs.
Even though it’s an Eastern herb, it helps alleviate symptoms of the Western diagnosis of kidney stones.
Crystal Stone Formula also helps dogs suffering from other health challenges. It helps with the following:
- Frequent urination
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stones
- Crystals in urine
Crystal Stone Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern Medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM veterinarians use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Crystal Stone Formula helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- A red tongue
- A deep pulse
- Damp-Heat in the Lower Burner
- Bladder Damp-Heat
- Blood in urine
- Crystals in urine
- Frequent and/or dribbling urination
How Crystal Stone Formula Helps Your Dog’s Kidney Stones
Crystal Stone Formula is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine blend of fourteen herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Crystal Stone Formula addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease. In other words, it works on the root cause of kidney stones.
According to TCVM theory, the underlying cause of any disease is always an imbalance.
Crystal Stone Formula alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease simultaneously.
What Are the Ingredients in Crystal Stone Formula?
The main ingredients in Crystal Stone Formula are:
- Bian Xu (Polygonum, aka knotweed) clears Heat and drains Damp
- Che Qian Zi (Plantago, aka plantain seed) clears Heat, drains Damp, and stops hemorrhage
- Chuan Mu Xiang (Vladimira Souliei, aka costus herb) moves Qi to stop the pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Fu Ling (Poria, aka Poria mushroom) drains Damp and strengthens Spleen
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon) warms the Bladder and relieves the frequency of urination
- Hai Jin Sha (Lygodium, aka climbing fern) dissolves crystals in Kidney and Bladder
- Jin Qian Cao (Lysimachia, aka gold coin grass) dissolves stones and crystals in Kidney and Bladder
- Qu Mai (Dianthus, aka Chinese pink) drains Damp and clears Heat
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia, aka Chinese foxglove root) cools Blood, promotes circulation, and relieves pain
- Tong Cao (Tetrapanax, aka rice paper plant) drains Damp-Heat
- Ze Xie (Alisma, aka water plantain) clears deficient Heat and drains Damp
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia, aka jasmine fruit) clears Heat and inflammation
- Zhu Ling (Polyporus, aka shiny Polyporus mushroom) drains Damp
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Crystal Stone Formula specifically for pets.
Dr. Xie based the formula on Ba Zheng San, a formula from the Imperial Grace Formulary of the Tai Ping Era, written in 1080 by Chen Shi-Wen et al.
Crystal Stone Formula works best with plenty of water, moderate exercise, and Eastern Food Therapy.
More Powerful Tools to Help Your Dog’s Urinary, Bladder & Kidney Challenges
You can make many quick and easy changes at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing urinary tract challenges.
- Learn more about dog bladder and kidney stone health challenges.
- Provide bladder support. PET | TAO Soothe Bladder Supplement is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s bladder and urinary tract.
- Consider a Cooling Diet. PET | TAO Chill cools inflammation caused by infection. Make sure to discuss any dietary changes with your holistic vet.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the kidney controls kidney, bladder, and urinary tract functions. As few as 5-6 treats daily can make a huge difference in your dog’s urinary tract and bladder health!
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many excellent natural solutions for canine bladder and urinary health challenges. Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.