Several things, including injury, arthritis, and degenerative myelopathy can cause dog hind leg weakness.
Symptoms of dog hind leg weakness include:
- A swaying gait, with the rear end moving back and forth
- “Bunny hopping,” especially up the stairs
- Difficulty getting up
- Exercise intolerance
- Pain and stiffness in the rear end
- Reluctance to walk, run, climb stairs, jump, or play
- Sitting in a “frog” position with one leg splayed out
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal remedy for dog hind leg weakness.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Hindquarter Weakness Formula is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) blend of nine different herbs.
Even though Hindquarter Weakness Formula is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps some Western diagnoses and symptoms.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula helps dogs with the following Western diagnoses:
- Sore back
- Weak back
- Hindquarter weakness
Hindquarter Weakness Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
For example, TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Dry skin
- Deep, thready, weak pulse
- General weakness
- Kidney Qi Deficiency
- Kidney Yin Deficiency
- Rear Weakness
- Red and dry or pale and wet tongue
How Hindquarter Weakness Formula Helps Your Dog’s Hind Leg Weakness
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease simultaneously.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hindquarter Weakness Formula works by:
- Tonifying Kidney
- Strengthening the back
- Strengthening the hind limbs
- Moving Qi
- Relieving pain
Here are Hindquarter Weakness Formula’s main ingredients and functions:
- Bi Ji Tian (Morinda, aka morinda root) warms and strengthens the back.
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula, aka cyathula root) tonifies the kidney and strengthens the hind limbs.
- Dang Gui (Angelica, aka Angelica root) nourishes Blood.
- Du Zhong (Eucommia, aka eucommia bark) to tonifies Kidney and strengthens back.
- Feng Hua Fen (Apis, aka Apis pollen, Asiatic honey bee pollen) tonifies Qi and Yin.
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon twig bark) warms the Channels and benefits the limbs.
- Huang Qi (Astragalus, aka Astragalus root) tonifies Qi.
- Shu Di Huang (Rehmannia, aka Chinese foxglove root) nourishes Yin and Jing.
- Wu Yao (Lindera, aka Lindera root) moves Qi and relieves pain.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of Chi University in Reddick, FL, created Hindquarter Weakness Formula specifically for animals.
He based the formula on the ancient TCM formula Bu Qi Zin Yin Tang.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy, plenty of water, and moderate exercise.
More Powerful Tools for Dog Arthritis Challenges
You can make many quick and easy changes at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
Easy Dog Arthritis Hacks:
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO’s Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges and make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many excellent natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.