Since 2005, Marc Smith DVM has been a pioneer in the field of integrative veterinary medicine.
His mission is to help pets live longer, happier, and healthier lives and strengthen the human/animal bond. Dr. Smith accomplishes his goal by empowering pet owners.
Through his clinics, Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, located in the cities of Nashville and Franklin in Tennessee, he helps his clients traverse pet healthcare choices and the vast array of options available in veterinary medicine.
After graduating from the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in 1998, Dr. Smith founded an equine practice in his hometown of Nashville, TN.
Dr. Marc Smith’s Private Practice in Tennessee
Dr. Smith’s focus has expanded to include small animals, alternative medicine, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM), Eastern Food Therapy, and animal chiropractic.
Dr. Smith’s services include:
- Alternative Cancer Treatments
- Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Herbal Medicine
- Specialty Surgeries including TTA and TPLO for Cruciate Disease
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma
Dr. Smith’s interest in food therapy and its health benefits led him and his longtime friend and colleague, Dr. Casey Damron, to develop PET | TAO Holistic Pet Products.
“Even if I didn’t use alternative veterinary medicine techniques in my practice, I am definitely a better practitioner and veterinarian because I know the options and techniques. People ask questions, and they want credible answers. Nontraditional veterinary techniques have forced me to become a better communicator, a more critical thinker, and better diagnostician.”
-Marc Smith, DVM
Dr. Smith’s accomplishments include:
- Founder of PET | TAO Pet Foods, a nationally distributed, all-natural, holistic pet diet recommended by over 400 veterinarians nationwide.
- Featured in The Tennessean newspaper on his incorporation of alternative medicine into veterinary practice.
- Received honors in the Whole Dog Journal, a monthly guide to natural dog health and training.
- Interviewed by WKRN Channel 2 News Nashville in “Local Vet Clinic Offers Acupuncture for Pets.”
- Received UT College of Veterinary Medicine’s Distinguished Alumni Award for his service in the field of Alternative Medicine and the creation of PET | TAO Holistic Pet Foods.