Cat diabetes is a common illness affecting many of our feline friends.
Diabetes mellitus is the most common form of cat diabetes.
Diabetes mellitus manifests when the body doesn’t produce enough insulin to balance glucose levels.
If left untreated, cat diabetes leads to:
- Appetite loss
- Severe Depression
- Motor function problems
- Weight loss
Ultimately, untreated cat diabetes leads to coma or death.
Luckily, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) offers herbal treatment for cat diabetes.
Ophiopogon Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Ophiopogon Formula helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Cushing’s disease
- Insulin resistance
Ophiopogon Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM veterinarians evaluate cat diabetes differently than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Ophiopogon Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Dry skin with hot ears and feet
- Panting excessively with night-time outbursts
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent urination
- Yin deficiency
- Thready, fast pulse
- Red, dry tongue
How Ophiopogon Treats Cat Diabetes
Ophiopogon Formula is a TCVM blend of 12 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Ophiopogon addresses the underlying causes of cat diabetes.
And, the underlying cause of the disease is always imbalance somewhere in the body.
Ophiopogon Formula alleviates your cat’s imbalances while treating the symptoms of diabetes.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ophiopogon heals by:
- Nourishing Yin
- Clearing Heat
- Promoting body fluids
What Are the Ingredients in Ophiopogon Formula?
The main ingredients in Ophiopogon are:
- Bei Sha Shen (Glehnia), nourishes Yin
- Dan Zhu Ye (Lophatherum), clears heat
- Ge Gen (Pueraria), promotes body fluids
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria), clears heat
- Lu Gen (Phragmites), clears heat and promotes body fluids
- Mai Men Dong (Ophiopogon), nourishes Yin
- Shan Zha (Crataegus), resolves food stasis
- Shen Qu (Massa), resolves food stasis
- Tian Hua Fen (Trichosanthes), clears heat and promotes body fluids
- Wu Mei (Mume), astringently consolidates the lung
- Yu Li Ren (Prunus), moves blood
- Zhi Mu (Anemarrhena), nourishes yin and clears heat
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Ophiopogon specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based the Ophiopogon herbal formula on the ancient TCM formula Mai Men Dong San.
Ophiopogon Formula works best when combined with plenty of water, Eastern Food Therapy, and moderate exercise.
Note: Information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.