Another name for feline spine degeneration is spondylosis deformans.
Spondylosis deformans is a noninflammatory, degenerative spinal column condition.
Bone spurs along the spine are the main characteristic of spondylosis deformans.
Bone spurs appear along the bottom sides and upper aspects of the spinal vertebrae.
The bone spurs are bone outgrowths, usually grown in response to aging, or injury.
In cats, spondylosis deformans occurs more often in the chest vertebrae.
The following are Feline Spine Degeneration symptoms:
- Restricted motion
The following are Feline Spine Degeneration Causes:
- Genetic predisposition to spurs
- Major trauma
- Repeated microtrauma
Thankfully, Eastern medicine offers a natural solution for feline spine degeneration and bone spurs.
Bone Stasis: Western Medicine Uses
Bone Stasis is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) herbal blend formulated for bone spurs, swelling, and calcifications.
Even though Bone Stasis is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps symptoms of some Western diagnoses.
Bone Stasis treats the following Western diagnoses:
- Bone spurs, chips, and swelling
- Calcium deposits
- Osteophytes and osteosclerosis
- Degenerative bone disorders
Bone Stasis: Eastern Medicine Uses
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM requires a different evaluation process than Western veterinary medicine.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Bone Stasis helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- A fast, tense, wiry pulse
- Bone stasis and stagnation (Stagnation can also affect muscles, tendons, and ligaments)
- A purple tongue
How Bone Stasis Treats Feline Spine Degeneration and Bone Spurs
Bone Stasis is a TCVM blend of 10 different herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Bone Stasis addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of disease is an imbalance somewhere in the body.
Bone Stasis alleviates your cat’s imbalances while soothing the symptoms of spine degeneration.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine actions of Bone Stasis are:
- Breaking down Stasis
- Activating Blood
- Clearing Channel blockage
- Relieving pain
What Are the Ingredients in Bone Stasis?
The main ingredients in Bone Stasis are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia, aka peony) nourishes Liver Yin and Blood.
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) strengthens bones and benefit the hind limb.
- Cuhan Xiong (Liguisticum, aka Sichuan lovage rhizome) activates Blood and relieves pain.
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria, aka basket ferns) tonifies and strengthens the bones.
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon) warms the channel and benefits the forelimbs.
- Hong Hua (Carthamus, aka safflower) clears Blood stasis and relieves pain.
- Mu Gua (Chaenomeles, aka flowering quince) clears channel blockage and relieves pain.
- Ru Xiang (Olibanum, aka frankincense) activates Blood and relieves pain.
- Sang Zhi (Morus, aka mulberry) clears Wind-Heat and benefits the forelimbs.
- Yan Hu Suo (Corydalis) invigorates Blood and relieves pain.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created the Bone Stasis formula specifically for pets.
Dr. Xie, a third-generation practitioner of Chinese Medicine, based the formula on knowledge gleaned from his practice.
Warning: Do not give Bone Stasis to a pregnant pet!
Bone Stasis works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy and moderate exercise.
Note: Information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your veterinarian.