Why Do Cats Suffer From Rear Leg Weakness?
Two common causes of cat rear leg weakness are arthritis and hip dysplasia.
Arthritis affects many older cats, targeting joints and worsening over time.
Cats suffering from arthritis often refuse to climb stairs, limp, lay around more, don’t jump as high, and sometimes have trouble getting in and out of the litter box.
Arthritis often mimics hip dysplasia but is not specific to the rear legs.
Hip dysplasia is a common cause of cat rear leg weakness.
And, unfortunately, it affects a large part of the older cat generation.
Hip dysplasia is an often hereditary disease where the hip joint develops abnormally and eventually degenerates.
Cats suffering from hip dysplasia have trouble standing up, especially after sleeping.
Cat breeds prone to hip dysplasia include Persians, Maine Coons, and Himalayans.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal remedy for cat rear leg weakness caused by arthritis or hip dysplasia.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Hindquarter weakness
- Sore back
- Weak back
Hindquarter Weakness Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Dry skin
- Deep, thready, weak pulse
- General weakness
- Kidney Qi Deficiency
- Kidney Yin Deficiency
- Rear Weakness
- Red and dry or pale and wet tongue
How Hindquarter Weakness Formula Treats Your Cat’s Rear Leg Weakness
Hindquarter Weakness Formula is a TCVM blend of 9 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s rear leg weakness.
The underlying cause of the disease is an imbalance somewhere in the body.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula alleviates your cat’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hindquarter Weakness Formula heals by:
- Tonifying Kidney
- Strengthening the back
- Strengthening the rear limbs
- Moving Qi
- Relieving pain
Hindquarter Weakness Formula’s main ingredients and functions are:
- Bi Ji Tian (Morinda, aka morinda root) warms and strengthens the back.
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula, aka cyathula root) tonifies kidney and strengthens the rear limbs.
- Dang Gui (Angelica, aka Angelica root) nourishes Blood.
- Du Zhong (Eucommia, aka eucommia bark) to tonifies Kidney and strengthens back.
- Feng Hua Fen (Apis, aka Apis pollen, Asiatic honey bee pollen) tonifies Qi and Yin.
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon twig bark) warms the Channels and benefits the limbs.
- Huang Qi (Astragalus, aka Astragalus root) tonifies Qi.
- Shu Di Huang (Rehmannia, aka Chinese foxglove root) nourishes Yin and Jing.
- Wu Yao (Lindera, aka Lindera root) moves Qi and relieves pain.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Hindquarter Weakness Formula specifically for animals.
He based the formula on the ancient TCM formula Bu Qi Zin Yin Tang.
Hindquarter Weakness Formula works best when combined with plenty of water, Eastern Food Therapy, and moderate exercise.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Cat Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your cat an edge on easing cat arthritis pain.
- Learn more about cat arthritis.
- Try cooking for your cart or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO’s Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.