Natural Help for Cat Eye Infections
Does your cat suffer from watery eye discharge, mucus, or yellow-green pus in the corners of her eye?
If so, she may have conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctiva.
Conjunctivitis is also called pinkeye.
Some causes of conjunctivitis are:
- Bacterial infection
- Birth defects
- Dry eye
- Foreign matter in the eye
- Tear duct problems
- Viral infection
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal solution for cat eye infections and conjunctivitis.
Haliotis Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Haliotis Formula helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Chronic conjunctivitis
Haliotis Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Haliotis Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Grey or blue nebula (turbidity of the cornea)
- Heat/Fire in the Liver with stagnation
- Ocular discharge
- The opacity of the cornea
- Photophobia (an eye disorder)
- Surging fast or weak pulse
- Swollen eyelids
- Red or pale tongue
How Haliotis Formula Treats Cat Eye Infections and Conjunctivitis
Haliotis Formula is a TCVM blend of 11 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Haliotis Formula addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s eye infection or conjunctivitis while soothing the irritating symptoms.
The underlying cause of the disease is an imbalance somewhere in the body.
Haliotis Formula alleviates your cat’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Haliotis Formula heals by:
- Clearing Liver
- Eliminating Fire
- Clearing the eyes
- Resolving the nebula (clouded spot on the cornea)
What Are the Ingredients in Haliotis Formula?
The main ingredients in Haliotis Formula are:
- Gu Jing Cao (Eriocaulon, aka pipewort) to clear Heat, brighten the eye
- Huang Lian (Coptis, aka Coptis rhizome) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Jue Min Zi (Cassia, aka cassia seeds) to clear Heat and brighten the eyes
- Huang Qi (Astragalus, aka milkvetch, locoweed) to tonify Qi
- Mi Meng Hua (Buddleia, aka butterfly bush) to brighten the eyes
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria, aka skullcap root) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Mo Yao (Myrrh) to activate Blood
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia, aka Chinese foxglove root) to clear Heat and cool Blood
- Shi Jue Ming (Haliotis, aka abalone shell) to clear Heat and brighten the eyes
- Yu Jin (Curcuma, aka Curcuma tuber, aromatic turmeric tuber) to clear Heat-Toxin and dissipate Stasis
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia, aka cape jasmine root, gardenia) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Haliotis Formula specifically for animals.
He based the formula on the ancient Chinese formula Jue Ming San found in the text Yuan Heng Liao Ma Ji (Yuan-heng’s Therapeutic Treatise of Horses) written in 1608 by Benyuan and Yu Benheng.
Haliotis Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy, sufficient water, and moderate exercise.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Cat Allergy Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your cat an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about cat allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Cat Food Recipe. PET | TAO’s Limited Ingredient Cat Food Recipe is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO’s Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and ease allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to glandular supplements in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for cat allergies. Some good examples are:
Note: Information on our site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.