Tendon and ligament injuries are common in sporting dogs.
Not only does a tendon or ligament injury diminish performance, but it may also end your dog’s career.
Tendon and ligament injuries often occur in young dogs, showing up as lameness.
Unfortunately, many owners don’t recognize the seriousness and don’t seek veterinary help.
TCVM Philosophy of Tendons and Ligaments
TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) considers tendons and ligaments “Jin”.
Tendons and ligaments are the most vulnerable body parts on athletic animals.
Western Medicine and Ligament Injuries
Most veterinarians prescribe pharmaceuticals for pain due to a dog tendon or ligament injury.
A period of rest and physical therapy usually follows surgery.
Unfortunately, surgery usually doesn’t restore 100% function, and repeat injury is common.
Eastern Medicine and Ligament Injuries
Lucky for our sporting dogs, Chinese medicine might have a remedy for tendon injuries.
Chinese doctors have used herbal remedies to treat medical conditions for centuries.
In fact, ancient Chinese doctors used herbs to treat martial arts injuries.
Not only did they used herbs to heal tendon and ligament injuries, but also to strengthen both.
And, strengthening the tendons and ligaments prevents future injuries.
The Liver Controls the Ligaments
Believe it or not, in Chinese medicine the liver controls the tendons and ligaments.
Eastern medical philosophy teaches the liver dominates the tendons and ligaments.
The liver does this by nourishing them with blood and Yin.
In Chinese medicine, weakness in tendons and ligaments due to Liver Yin/Blood Deficiency.
So you how you treat tendons and ligaments?
Chinese medicine tells us to nourish the Liver Yin and Blood.
How Jing Tang Tendon/Ligament Formula Helps Dog Ligament Injuries
Tendon/Ligament Formula works by:
- Nourishing Liver Yin
- Nourishing Blood
- Strengthening Ligaments
- Strengthening Tendons
Tendon/Ligament Formula helps dogs with the Western symptoms of:
- Chronic tendonitis
- Poor tendon growth
- Tendon damage
- Tendon weakness
- Torn tendon
TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) veterinarians examine animals a little differently than traditional veterinarians.
TCVM vets investigate areas to find the root cause of the symptoms displayed.
For example, a TCVM vet will check pulse, tongue, paw pads, and other unusual areas looking for signs of imbalance.
Tendon/Ligament formula helps dogs displaying the following during a TCVM exam:
- Cracked paws
- Dry eyes
- Dry tongue without coating
- Liver Yin with Blood deficiency
- Stunted tendon growth
- Tendon pain
- Tendon weakness
- Weak or thready pulse
TCVM herbals usually require 8-12 weeks to take full effect.
The reason being because herbs work gently with little to no side effects.
Tendon/Ligament contains the following herbs:
- Bai Shao Yao to nourish the Blood and Yin, and soothe Liver Yang
- Bu Gu Zhi to nourish Kidney Yang and Yin
- Chuan Niu Xi to strengthen Kidney and benefit knees
- Chuan Xiong to move Blood and resolve stagnation
- Dang Gui to nourish Blood
- Gou Qi Zi to nourish Liver Yin and Blood
- Gui Zhi to activate the Channels and limbs
- Sang Zhi to smoothen limbs
- Shan Zhu Yu to nourish Liver Yin
- Shu Di Huang to nourish Blood and Yin
- Wu Jia Pi to strengthen ligaments and tendons
- Yin Yang Huo to nourish Kidney Yang and Win
Dr. Hushieng Xie, the founder of The Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Tendon/Ligament formula for animals.
His inspiration was the ancient Chinese formula Bu Gan Qiang Jin San.
In addition, Tendon/Ligament Formula works best with moderate exercise, plenty of water, and TCVM food therapy.
More Powerful Tools to Help Your Dog’s Ligament Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing tendon and ligament challenges.
- Learn more about torn ligaments and cruciate disease.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of herbs and supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of herbs and supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Liver Treats. According to TCVM, the liver controls tendons and ligaments. As few as 5-6 treats per day can make a huge difference in your dog’s tendon and ligament health!
- Try a Blood-building TCVM Diet. PET | TAO Zing dog food builds Blood. According to TCVM, Blood deficiency leads to ligament tears.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for ligament and cruciate challenges. Some good examples are: