Canine Osteosarcoma: The Dreaded Disease
Dog bone cancer, also called osteosarcoma, is a very serious condition that can be fatal.
Osteosarcoma is very aggressive.
Osteosarcoma begins in the bones and spreads to the lungs, brain, or any number of other vital organs.
The most common starting point for bone cancer is the leg, particularly the larger leg bones.
Osteosarcoma starts in the leg 82% of the time.
The cancer then often progresses to soft tissue areas or to other bones like the mandible (jaw), spinal cord, skull or pelvis.
Dogs experience pain as a result of these tumors.
Signs of Bone Cancer
Pain, a major symptom of bone cancer, can be a sign that something is wrong.
A dog with a tumor in the leg will develop a limp that comes on very slowly over a period of weeks.
Dogs with Cranial Osteosarcoma may have mental issues or defects.
A tumor in the jaw can cause trouble chewing, while a tumor in the spine can cause trouble walking or breathing.
A pelvic tumor may lead to the dog having trouble using the restroom as the tumor may be blocking the feces from being excreted.
Prognosis for Dogs with Bone Cancer
The prognosis for dogs with bone cancer varies depending on the type, grade, and stage.
Untreated, dogs with bone cancer have a life expectancy of 1-4 months, however, there are several treatment options that can prolong a dog’s life span.
Amputation combined with other treatments can allow a dog to live for 1-2 years longer than if untreated.
If your dog has bone cancer, you will also need to make changes in his diet.
A good dog bone cancer diet can be found in the Dog Cancer Diet, a special report from the makers of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide.
Seeking other ways to improve your dog’s health through traditional or alternative methods?
Boost Your Dog’s Immunity with PET | TAO’s Complement Immune Mushroom Complex
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Cancer Challenges
You might not be aware, but many cancer-fighting tools are easy to get and use at home.
To realize your true cancer-fighting potential:
- Learn more about dog cancer.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Boost your dog’s immune system with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend blends together the most powerful immune-boosting medicinal mushrooms on the market in a single product.
- Ease your dog’s stomach upset naturally. Many dogs with cancer suffer stomach upset as well. PET | TAO Harmonize GI naturally provides all the digestive enzymes and probiotics your dog needs for optimum gut health.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Spleen Treats. According to TCVM, spleen helps with digestion and assimilation. Both are challenges often faced by pets suffering from cancer. As few as 5-6 treats per day can make a huge difference in your dog’s health!
- Try a Blood-building TCVM Diet. According to TCVM theory, dogs suffering from cancer also often suffer from Blood deficiency. Blood deficiency may due to chemotherapy or the cancer itself. PET | TAO Zing dog food builds Blood.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog cancer challenges and palliative care. Some good examples are: