What is Cat Kidney Failure?
There are two types of kidney failure in cats, acute and chronic.
Acute renal failure happens suddenly and to cats of all ages.
Common causes are:
- Kidney infection
- Kidney blockage
- Heart failure/low blood pressure
If diagnosed and treated in time, your cat might fully recover from acute renal failure.
Chronic renal failure occurs gradually over time, usually in older cats.
Common causes are:
- Kidney infections and blockages
- Advanced dental disease
- High blood pressure
- Old age
As they age, almost all cats are likely to suffer kidney disease.
Symptoms of Cats with Kidney Failure
Cats with progressed kidney failure appear sick.
However, some of the earlier signs are not very noticeable.
Cats suffering from renal failure often experience:
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Brownish-colored tongue
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dry coat
- Excessive drinking
- Frequent urination
- Ulcers on gums and tongue
- Weight loss
Diagnosing Feline Renal Failure
Because renal failure symptoms similar to symptoms of other conditions, your vet will need to perform tests to get an accurate diagnosis.
Testing might include:
- Blood tests
Your veterinarian may or may not recommend extensive testing, depending on the findings during the physical examination.
Western Treatment for Kidney Failure in Cats
Western veterinary medicine doesn’t have a cure or feline renal failure.
Depending on severity, treatment may include:
- IV Fluids
- Special diet
Cats with kidney failure can live long, good quality lives if you take the proper steps.
TCVM Treatment for Feline Renal Failure
According to TCVM, renal failure is caused by some type of energetic imbalance in the body.
They look for underlying patterns and imbalances.
Rehmannia 6 helps kidney-diseased cats displaying:
- Cool seeking behavior
- Dry, flaky skin
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive panting
- Red and dry tongue
- Thready, fast pulse
- Yin deficiency
- Nourishes Yin
- Tonifies Kidney
Even though kidney disease cannot be reversed, your cat may experience renewed health and vitality.
Which Herbs Are in Rehmannia 6?
Rehmannia 6 contains:
- Fu Ling to drain Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Mu Dan Pi to cool Liver
- Shan Yao to tonify Qi and nourish Kidney Jing
- Shan Zhu Yu to nourish Yin
- Shu Di Huang to nourish Yin, Blood, and Jing
- Ze Xie to drain Damp and clear Kidney false Fire
Typically, TCVM herbal blends take 6-8 weeks for maximum benefits.
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Rehmannia 6 specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based Jing Tang’s Rehmannia 6 on the ancient Chinese formula Liu Wei Di Huang Wan found in the text Xiao Er Yao Zheng Zhi Ju (Craft of Medicinal Treatment for Childhood Disease Patterns) written in 1119 by Quan Li.
More Powerful Tools for Cat With Kidney Failure Challenges
There are several quick and easy changes you can make at home to help your give your cat an edge on easing kidney disease and renal failure challenges.
- Learn more about cat renal failure.
- Ask your vet about Epakitin. Epakitin is a chitosan-based supplement that helps with the filtering your cat’s kidneys can no longer do.
- Home cook for your pet. Go to our slow-cooker recipe page and try one of our cat food recipes for kidney disease or renal failure. Make sure to run it by your holistic vet first!
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant the o substitute advice provided by your own veterinarian.