Licking and scratching are the two most common symptoms of feline skin allergies.
Licking is usually focused in the areas of the flank (sides), the base of the tail, and groin area.
If left untreated, cats often lick until the itchy areas become bald.
Because untreated cats constantly lick and scratch, sores develop in the affected areas.
The severity of the sores varies depending on the amount of licking and scratching the cat does.
Severe feline skin allergies cause small, pus-filled bumps around the neck and head.
Sometimes, in very severe cases, pus-filled bumps cover the cat’s entire body.
Often, the cat’s fur seems greasy, with sticky and patchy spots.
If allergies also include foods, the cat may occasionally vomit.
Sometimes allergic cats develop secondary ear infections.
Ear infections cause excessive ear discharge and odor coming from the ears.
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal remedy for feline skin allergies.
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Wind Toxin helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Seasonal allergies
- Skin allergies
- Flea allergies
- Imbalances within the animal’s system
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root causes rather than symptoms.
For example, TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance rather than looking at symptoms.
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Dry skin
- Hypersensitive skin
- Overall toxicity
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula Treats Your Itchy Cat
Wind Toxin herbal formula is a TCVM blend of 14 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Wind Toxin addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s skin allergies.
The underlying cause of the disease is an imbalance somewhere in the body.
Wind Toxin alleviates your cat’s imbalances while soothing the painful symptoms of skin allergies.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wind Toxin heals by:
- Clearing Wind
- Clearing Heat
- Alleviating itching
The main ingredients in Wind Toxin herbal formula are:
- Bai Ji Li (Tribulus) clears wind and alleviates itching
- Biz Xian Pi (Dictamnus) clears Damp-Heat and kills scabies
- Bia Zhu (Atractylodes) strengthens Spleen
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) cools down Blood
- Dang Gui (Angelica) invigorates Blood
- Fang Feng (Ledebouriella) clears Wind
- Fu Ling (Poria) eliminates Damp and strengthens Spleen
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum) tonifies Blood and Yin
- Jin Yin Hua (Lonicera) detoxifies and alleviates itching
- Jing Jie (Schizonepeta) clears wind, opens the skin, and alleviates itching
- Ju Hua (Chrysanthemum) clears heat, detoxifies, and relieves swollen glands
- Ku Shen (Sophora) detoxifies and alleviates itching
- Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) clears Damp-Heat and relieves swollen glands
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) clears Damp-Heat and detoxifies
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Wind Toxin specifically for animals.
Dr. Hushieng Xie based the Wind Toxin herbal formula on the ancient TCM formula Xiao Feng San from Shi Yi De Xiao Feng (Effective Formulas from Generations of Physicians) written by Wei Yi-Lin in 1345.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Cat Allergy Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your cat an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about cat allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Cat Food Recipe. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Cat Food Recipe is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Supplement is a medicinal mushroom blend for easing inflammatory response and ease allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize GI boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.