Suffering Cat Arthritis Challenges?
Cats arthritis often develops as your cat ages.
At times, even young cats suffer from arthritis symptoms.
Arthritis develops when a cat’s joints degenerate as a normal part of the aging process.
As cats age, their cartilage loses flexibility and deteriorates.
Injury, dislocation, joint infection, and excess weight increase susceptibility to arthritis.
Signs of cat arthritis and joint pain include:
- Limping, stiffness, or favoring a limb
- Difficulty getting up after sleeping
- Changes in gait
- Muscle atrophy
- Poor litterbox habits (caused by pain from getting in and out of the box)
- No longer running, jumping, or climbing stairs
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal solution for cat arthritis and joint pain.
Dok’s Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Even though Dok’s Formula is a TCVM herbal blend, it still helps symptoms of some Western diagnoses.
Dok’s Formula helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Chronic joint pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease
Dok’s Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM vets evaluate cat arthritis differently than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Dok’s Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Bi syndromes
- Cold-Bi syndrome
- Kidney Qi/Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp
- Pale or purple tongue
- Weak back
Do not give Dok’s Formula to cats with excessive thirst, panting, or heat intolerance.
Also, stop using Dok’s formula if your cat develops vomiting or diarrhea.
How Dok’s Formula Treats Cat Arthritis and Joint Pain
Dok’s Formula is a TCVM blend of 16 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
In addition, Dok’s Formula addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is an imbalance.
Dok’s Formula alleviates your cat’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dok’s Formula heals by:
- Tonifying (strengthen) Kidney Yang
- Dispelling wind, damp and cold
- Invigorating Qi and Blood
- Warming the Channels
- Relieving pain
What Are the Ingredients in Dok’s Formula?
The main ingredients in Dok’s Formula are:
- Ba Ji Tian (Morinda, aka morinda root) tonifies Kidney Yang and strengthens the bones
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea, aka scurf-pea) tonifies Kidney Yang
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula, aka Sichuan ox knee root) supports Kidneys and strengthens leg bones
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum, aka Sichuan lovage rhizome) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica, aka Angelica root) invigorates Blood and relieves pain
- Du Huo (Angelica, aka pubescent angelica root) dispels Wind, Cold, and Dampness and relieves pain
- Du Zhong (Eucommia, aka Eucommai bark) tonifies Kidney Qi and Yang and strengthens the back
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza, aka licorice) harmonizes all other herbs
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria, aka bone knit root) tonifies Kidney Yang and benefits bones
- Qiang Huo (Notopterygium root) dispels Wind, Cold and Damp
- Rou Dou Kou (Myristica, aka nutmeg) to warm Spleen and Kidney
- Rou Gui (Cinnamomum, aka cinnamon) warms channels and relieves pain
- Wu Yao (Lindera) invigorates and warms Qi
- Xiao Hui Xiang (Foeniculum, aka fennel seed) warms back and relieves pain
- Xu Duan (Dipsacus, aka Japanese teasel root) tonifies Kidney and strengthens bone
- Ze Zie (Alisma, aka water plantain) drains damp and benefits Bladder
Dr. Huisheng Xie, the founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Dok’s Formula specifically for animals.
Dr. Xie based the formula on the ancient Chinese formula Du Huo Ji Sheng, written in 652 AD by Sun Si-Miao.
Dok’s Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy and moderate exercise.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Cat Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your cat an edge on easing cat arthritis pain.
- Learn more about cat arthritis.
- Try cooking for your cat or feeding a high-quality wet cat food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your cat’s bones and joints.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your cat’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for cat arthritis. Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.