Dog ear canals are vertical, rather than horizontal like human ear canals.
The horizontal placement of a dog’s ear canal makes it easy for moisture and debris to collect, causing overgrowth of bacteria and yeast, and subsequent ear infections.
Other factors making dogs susceptible to ear infections include:
- Ear mites
- Excessive hair in ears
- Foreign bodies
- Moisture and/or wax in ears
Dog ear infections sometimes become chronic issues, which may lead to deafness or facial paralysis.
- Crusting or scabbing on ears
- Hair loss around ears
- Hearing loss
- Losing balance or acting dizzy
- Odor in the ears
- Rubbing or scratching ears
- Redness or swelling of ear flap or ear canal
- Shaking or tilting head
- Unusual eye movements
- Walking in circles
- Yellow, brown or bloody ear discharge
Luckily, Eastern medicine offers a natural, herbal remedy for dog ear infections and itchy ears.
Ear Damp Heat Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Ear Damp Heat Formula helps dogs with the following Western diagnoses:
- Ear infections
- Itchy Ears
- Papules or Eruptions on Ears
Ear Damp Heat Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM veterinary evaluate dogs with ear infections differently than Western veterinarians.
TCVM veterinarians look for signs of imbalance.
Ear Damp Heat Formula helps dogs with the following TCVM signs:
- Bad ears due
- Fast pulse
- Itchy ears
- Otitis (inflammation of the ear)
- Purple or red tongue
- Skin lesions with discharge and odor
How Ear Damp Heat Formula Treats Dog Ear Infections and Itchy Ears
Ear Damp Heat Formula is a TCVM blend of 9 different Eastern herbs.
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Ear Damp Heat Formula addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any condition or disease is an imbalance.
Ear Damp Heat Formula alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of ear infections and itchy ears.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ear Damp Heat Formula heals by:
- Clearing Damp
- Clearing Heat
- Cooling Blood
The main ingredients in Damp Heat Skin Formula are:
- Bai Ji Li (Tribulus, aka caltrop fruit, tribulus fruit) clears Heat
- Chai Hu (Bupleurum, aka bupleurum root, hare’s ear root) soothes Liver Qi
- Dan Zhu Ye (Lophatherum, lophatherum bamboo leaves and stem) clears Heat
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria, Chinese skullcap, skullcap root) clears Damp-Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan, tree peony root bark) cools Blood
- Qing Hao (Artemisia, Chinese wormwood) clears Damp-Heat
- Qing Pi (Citrus, unripe tangerine peel) moves Qi
- Si Gua Teng (Luffa, aka Loofah, luffa sponge) transforms phlegm, resolve stagnation
- Xia Ku Cao (Prunella, selfheal spike, allheal spike) clears Heat
Dr. Huisheng Xie, founder of the Chi Institute in Reddick, FL, created Ear Damp Heat Formula specifically for animals.
Ear Damp Heat Formula works best when combined with Eastern Food Therapy, plenty of water, and moderate exercise.
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute advice provided by your own veterinarian.
Get our FREE ebook: “Dog Allergies 101: How to Stop the Itching, Scratching, and Painful Vet Bills”