The summer and fall months often bring our clinic many cases of dogs and cats with dry, itchy skin.
Itchy dog symptoms of skin allergies include:
- Itching or scratching
- Licking his/her feet
- Shaking his/her head from ear infections
- Getting repeat hotspots
- Licking his/her belly
- Drainage from the eyes (dog eye allergies)
- Continually sneezing.
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Wind Toxin helps dogs with the following Western diagnoses:
- Seasonal allergies
- Skin allergies
- Flea allergies
- Imbalances within the animal’s system.
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) vets use a different evaluation process than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
- Dry skin
- Hypersensitive skin
- Overall toxicity.
Wind Toxin Herbal Formula Treats Your Itchy Dog
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
Wind Toxin addresses the underlying causes of your dog’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is always some type of imbalance.
Wind Toxin alleviates your dog’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
- Clearing Wind
- Clearing Heat
- Alleviating itching.
The main ingredients in Wind Toxin herbal formula are:
- Bai Ji Li (Tribulus) clears wind and alleviates itching.
- Biz Xian Pi (Dictamnus) clears Damp-Heat and kills scabies.
- Bia Zhu (Atractylodes) strengthens Spleen.
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) cools down Blood.
- Dang Gui (Angelica) invigorates Blood.
- Fang Feng (Ledebouriella) clears Wind.
- Fu Ling (Poria) eliminates Damp and strengthens Spleen.
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum) tonifies Blood and Yin.
- Jin Yin Hua (Lonicera) detoxifies and alleviates itching.
- Jing Jie (Shizonepta) clears wind, opens the skin, and alleviate itching.
- Ju Hua (Chrysanthemum) clears heat, detoxifies, and relieves swollen glands.
- Ku Shen (Sophora) detoxifies and alleviates itching.
- Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) clears Damp-Heat and relieves swollen glands.
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) clears Damp-Heat and detoxifies.
Dr. Xie based the Wind Toxin herbal formula on the ancient TCM formula Xiao Feng San from Shi Yi De Xiao Feng (Effective Formulas from Generations of Physicians) written by Wei Yi-Lin in 1345.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Allergies
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO’s Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO’s Complement Immune mushroom blend eases inflammatory response and allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are:
Note: Information on this site is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.