Cats drink milk, right? And dogs love cheese! But is it really safe to feed your pets milk products? The short answer is: yes. Which milks are safe? Most milks are safe for most pets. However, like people, some pets have … [Read more...]
How to Find the Best Holistic Pet Food
More than one million results flood your screen. In fact, the term “holistic pet food” inundates the pet food industry.
People assume if food is holistic, it must be better. But, it’s not so simple.
Indeed, “holistic” is a fabulous marketing term. At PET | TAO, we see holistic pet food as “pet food with a philosophy.”
The philosophy is Eastern Food Therapy. Eastern Food Therapy is the art of choosing and consuming foods based on the individual food’s inherent energetic quality.
What is Eastern Food Therapy?
Eastern Food Therapy describes the art and science of combining foods based on their inherent energetic properties. Unlike Western medicine, food is an integral component of treating and preventing disease in Eastern medicine.
Maintain and support the balance of yin and yang, and thus maintain optimal health, by using various food combinations. Employ certain food combinations when disease occurs to return the body to a balanced state.
Use Eastern Food Therapy to:
- Prevent seasonal health problems
- Treat diseases
- Combined with Western medicine
- For your whole life
- For your pet’s whole life
Why Food Therapy is Unique
Many characteristics separate Eastern Food Therapy from other pet food philosophies:
- Slow acting
- No side effects
- No two recipes are identical
- Owner involved daily
What Does Food Do?
In the West, food supplies energy from calories. In the East, bodies already possess energy. It’s called Qi. Food helps Qi move freely.
What Does Food Nourish?
In the West, we nourish and medicate the mind and body separately. All organs are distinct. In the East, mind and body are one and the same. All organs interrelate.
How Are Foods Classified?
In the West, nutrients classify foods. In the East, energetics classify foods.
Many differences exist between Eastern and Western food mindsets. You must understand both to make the best pet food decision for your pet. There is a place for food therapy in your home.
We will show you where.
PET | TAO Homecooked Pet Food Recipes
Cooling Dog Food Recipe
- Energetically Cooling Dog Food Recipe: Food Therapy Backed by Veterinarians
Warming Dog Food Recipe
- Energetically Warming Dog Food Recipe: Food Therapy Backed by Veterinarians
Neutral Dog Food Recipe
- Energetically Balanced Dog Food Recipe: Food Therapy Backed by Veterinarians
Cooling Cat Food Recipe
- The Energetically Cooling Cat Food Recipe: Food Therapy Backed by Veterinarians
Neutral Cat Food Recipe
- Energetically Balanced Cat Food Recipe: Food Therapy Backed by Veterinarians
Learn more about holistic pet food by reading our 10 best blog posts on Eastern Food Therapy and holistic pet food:
1. Ancient Wisdom Reveals Secret to Better Pet Food Choices
2. The Best Pet Insurance: The Forgotten Health Plan
3. How Do I Know PET | TAO is the Right Pet Food For My Furry Friend?
4. Shelf Life, Samples, and Shipping: What Happens After You Click BUY?
5. Should I Carry PET | TAO in My Retail Store?
6. Why Should You Cook for Your Pet?
7. Why Does My Dog Eat Grass?
8. Food Therapy: Choosing Each Ingredient for a Reason
9. What is Food Energetics?
10. Here's How to Feed Pet Treats the Healthy Way
Learn about holistic pet food from founder Dr. Marc Smith.
Empower yourself with innovative ideas and knowledge about holistic pet care!
Our Introduction to Eastern Food Therapy course encourages, educates, and empowers pet parents in all aspects of holistic pet care.
Do you feed your pet sushi and raw vegetables? You’ve seen “raw pet food diet” in new articles lately, but without much explanation. Is raw food better or worse than a traditional pet food diet? What is a Raw Pet Food Diet? Two … [Read more...]
Have an itchy, scratchy dog? If so, allergies may be the culprit! Some common symptoms of dog allergies: Constant licking Coughing Ear infections Itching Red, inflamed skin Vomiting and diarrhea Sure-fire signs … [Read more...]
Have an itchy, scratchy cat? If so, allergies may be the culprit! Cat Allergy Symptoms Common allergy symptoms include: Constant licking Coughing Ear infections Itching Red, inflamed skin Vomiting and … [Read more...]
You see your pup limping up and down stairs because of his arthritis. You want to help, but many treatments seem drastic. Did you know in addition to traditional treatment options, there are ways you can help your dog on a daily … [Read more...]
If you are looking for a holistic pet food offering MORE, the answer is YES! Do you know what the largest growing trend in the pet food industry is? Holistic, natural solutions! Yes, But What Makes PET | TAO Different? PET | TAO … [Read more...]