Your pet is your best friend. So, when their arthritis hurts, you hurt.
Dog arthritis pain relief is one of the top reasons people seek veterinary attention for their geriatric dog.
Does Your Dog Need Arthritis Pain Relief?
With so many older dogs suffering, we are lucky to have so many options to help treat the symptoms.
As dog’s age, they lose some of the cartilage material between the bones.
Cartilage serves as a cushion between the bones.
Cartilage loss allows the bones to rub together, creating painful friction, stiffness, and swelling.
The following solutions help relieve this pain:
Rimadyl for Dog Arthritis
Rimadyl is a dog arthritis pain medication that helps manage pain and inflammation. As a general rule, one or two doses daily are required. Approved by the FDA, Rimadyl is specifically designed to increase mobility and reduce inflammation.
Although Rimadyl is popular, side effects or signs of intolerance are common. Up to 30% of dogs will have gastrointestinal signs, including vomiting and diarrhea.
Overall, Rimadyl is a scientifically proven medication and a simple way to help alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
Aspirin and Baby Aspirin for Dog Arthritis Pain Relief
Aspirin is a simple, short-term approach that can be used to treat dog arthritis pain. If this is an option you choose, consider all of the potential side effects including stomach ulcers or digestive issues.
Depending on the size and age of your dog, either aspirin or baby aspirin may be prescribed. Before giving aspirin on your own, consult your veterinarian.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
While giving your dog a daily dosage of medication may be an easy way to treat arthritis, using dog arthritis home remedies is a great option for managing your dog’s pain without the side effects of pharmaceuticals.
Some common home remedies are:
Other Methods of Relief
Acupuncture, chiropractic care, and physical therapy can be great natural remedies that help alleviate pain and promote a more healthy and active lifestyle.
While there are many options to remedy your dog’s pain, it is important that you choose the method or methods that work best.
Whatever action plan you choose, be aware of any side effects or reactions your dog may experience, and enjoy the path to helping your dog lead a more healthy and active lifestyle.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing arthritis challenges.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: