Your pet is your best friend. So, when their arthritis hurts, you hurt.
Does Your Dog Need Arthritis Pain Relief?
With so many older dogs suffering, we are lucky to have so many options to help treat the symptoms.
As dogs age, they lose some of the cartilage material between the bones.
Cartilage serves as a cushion between the bones.
Cartilage loss allows the bones to rub together, creating painful friction, stiffness, and swelling.
The following solutions help relieve this pain:
Rimadyl for Dog Arthritis
Rimadyl is a dog arthritis pain medicine that helps manage the pain and inflammation. As a general rule, one or two doses daily are required. Approved by the FDA, Rimadyl is specifically designed to increase mobility and reduce inflammation.
Although Rimadyl is popular, side effects or signs of intolerance are common. Up to 30% of dogs will have gastrointestinal signs, including vomiting and diarrhea.
Overall, Rimadyl is a scientifically proven medication and a simple way to help alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
Aspirin and Baby Aspirin for Dog Arthritis Pain Relief
Aspirin is a simple, short-term approach that can be used to treat dog arthritis pain. If this is an option you choose, consider all of the potential side effects including stomach ulcers or digestive issues.
Depending on the size and age of your dog, either aspirin or baby aspirin may be prescribed. Before giving aspirin on your own, consult your veterinarian.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
While giving your dog a daily dosage of medication may be an easy way to treat arthritis, using dog arthritis home remedies is a great option for managing your dog’s pain without the side effects of pharmaceuticals.
Some common home remedies are:
Other Methods of Relief
Acupuncture, chiropractic care, and physical therapy can be great natural remedies that help alleviate pain and promote a more healthy and active lifestyle.
While there are many options to remedy your dog’s pain, it is important that you choose the method or methods that work best.
Whatever action plan you choose, be aware of any side effects or reactions your dog may experience, and enjoy the path to helping your dog lead a more healthy and active lifestyle.
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Allergy Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: