Dog arthritis is the #1 cause of chronic pain in dogs. Arthritis affects approximately 20% of dogs overall, and as much as 70% to 80% of certain breeds. Chances are high your dog will, sooner or later, suffer from arthritis pain. Just like his owner, man’s best friend is destined to suffer an aching, debilitating disease in his later years – ARTHRITIS.
What is Dog Arthritis?
Arthritis is most common in older dogs, especially large breed dogs or those who have previously suffered joint injuries. Just like in people, the effects of dog arthritis can range from mild stiffness to crippling. If you want your dog to have a comfortable, pain-free life in his or her golden years, the importance of knowing the different arthritis symptoms and treatment options is fundamental to achieving this goal.
The good news is:
An abundance of research in the field of arthritis, for both people and animals, empowers veterinarians and pet owners. We now have many different dog arthritis pain medicines, natural remedies, herbs, supplements, and treatments available to help your dog feel better. An example of one of these supplements is glucosamine for arthritis. An injectable version is available from your veterinarian, or you can purchase an oral supplement at your local health food store. The injectable glucosamine provides faster and more efficient treatment, yet benefits can be gained through supplementing orally. Another example is aspirin. Veterinary opinions vary on the use of aspirin for dog arthritis pain, though, as it can cause stomach ulcers and digestive issues in some dogs. Many holistic and alternative physical treatments are available for dog arthritis pain, including acupuncture, chiropractic, laser therapy, and arthritis massage. Our goal is to provide you with a wealth of information so you will know all of the available options, how they work, and the pros and cons of each. Read on so that you can pick and choose the best for your dog’s particular situation! Dog arthritis is manageable in pets.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing arthritis challenges.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: