Dog Arthritis Signs
Mrs. Jones loves her older dog Fido.
Fido, a 13 years young male lab, has been and still is an important family member.
Whether playing ball with the kids, barking at a stranger walking down the street, or just resting on the couch, Fido has always been the same – a happy, healthy, vibrant dog.
Now, something is different.
The dog who once romped, played, and jumped like a puppy now limps, lays around, and acts like an old man.
Some days you have to steady and balance his rear end so he can walk across the slippery wood floors and other days you have to lift him up to just get in the car.
Fido’s life has changed – not for the better, but for the worse!
Fido doesn’t complain about his situation. He wants to, but he can’t.
But, dogs tell you a lot about how they feel through the way they act.
Dog Arthritis Signs & Symptoms
Some signs of dog arthritis pain include:
- Reluctance to walk, run, climb stairs, jump, or play
- Difficulty getting up
- Yelping or whimpering
- Personality changes, withdrawal
- Soreness when touched
- Lagging behind on walks
- Decreased mobility
- Aggressive behavior
If your dog is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, a trip to your veterinarian might be a good idea.
By means of a thorough physical exam, manual manipulation of your dog’s joints, and possibly other tests, your veterinarian can determine if arthritis is the culprit of your dog’s pain and discomfort.
Equip Yourself, Then Help Your Dog
Facts about dog arthritis:
- Arthritis is the #1 cause of chronic pain in dogs
- Arthritis affects 20% of dogs over 1 year of age
- Arthritis affects both quality and length of life
- At least 31% of dog owners say bone and joint problems are an issue for their pet
- Arthritis is in the “Top 10” veterinary diagnoses for dogs over 7 years old
- Dog arthritis pain not only affects people, but it also takes an unbelievable, often unrecognized toll on our beloved furry friends as well.
Proactive Ways to Help Your Dog’s Arthritis
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO’s Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: