How to Treat Canine Lung Cancer
Canine lung cancer is fairly uncommon but it does occur.
It occurs when carcinomas develop in the lung epithelial tissue.
Lung cancer develops directly in the lung tissue, or in the bronchioles and airways.
Dog lung cancer is aggressive and often spreads to the lymph nodes and thoracic tissues.
The Most Common Canine Lung Cancer Treatments
If your dog’s lung cancer is is a primary lung tumor, your vet will probably recommend surgical excision.
Some vets recommend chemotherapy instead of surgery.
Comparatively, other vets use chemotherapy in addition to surgery.
Chemotherapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells and keep them from spreading to other parts of the body.
Vets administer chemo using pills and/or shots. Sometimes an IV is used.
Treatment usually takes several weeks and involves several different rounds of medication.
Sometimes, holistic vets recommend alternative treatments in lieu of or in addition to surgery.
Vitamin C IV therapy is a very common alternative cancer treatment in humans and pets.
Vitamin C IV therapy usually consists of several IV treatments scheduled a week apart.
There is a philosophy behind vitamin C IV therapy.
The philosophy is the high levels of vitamin C from the IV boost the dog’s immune system. And, the immune boost naturally helps the dog’s body destroy cancer cells.
Herbs are a powerful, natural tool to help keep the body healthy and prevent disease!
If you can boost your dog’s immune system, you go a long way towards eliminating cancer challenges.
In other words, any herb or supplement that boosts your dog’s immune system helps your dog naturally fight cancer.
TCVM exams and consultations are a little different because they evaluate the animal as a whole, not just the symptoms.
After the TCVM exam is done, your vet will tell you which herbs to use to bring your dog back into balance and help fight cancer naturally.
Apoptosis Promoting Herbs
In addition to TCVM herbs, we’ve had success with several different herbal products that promote apoptosis.
Apoptosis is the scientific word for natural cell death.
There are several herbal products on the market that promote apoptosis.
Survival Times for Dogs with Lung Cancer
Survival times for dogs with this type of cancer usually varies from two months to two years depending on the type and severity of cancer.
The good news is, there are many different palliative options available to give your dog a good quality of life for his or her remaining time.
It’s sad, but we know they can’t live forever.
But, if we can keep our dogs feeling good throughout their lives, we’ve done a good job.
And, we can be thankful and remember the good times we had together.
Seeking other ways to improve your dog’s health through traditional or alternative methods?
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Cancer Challenges
You might not be aware, but many cancer-fighting tools are easy to get and use at home.
To realize your true cancer-fighting potential:
- Learn more about dog cancer.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Boost your dog’s immune system with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Supplement blends together the most powerful immune-boosting medicinal mushrooms on the market in a single product.
- Ease your dog’s stomach upset naturally. Many dogs with cancer suffer stomach upset as well. PET | TAO Harmonize GI naturally provides all the digestive enzymes and probiotics your dog needs for optimum gut health.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Spleen Treats. According to TCVM, spleen helps with digestion and assimilation. Both are challenges often faced by pets suffering from cancer. As few as 5-6 treats per day can make a huge difference in your dog’s health!
- Try a Blood-building TCVM Diet. According to TCVM theory, dogs suffering from cancer also often suffer from Blood deficiency. Blood deficiency may due to chemotherapy or cancer itself. PET | TAO Zing dog food builds Blood.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog cancer challenges and palliative care. Some good examples are: